SNOWGUM Mawson Light +5c Sleeping Bag (Large)
A good night’s sleep is imperative for the enjoyment of any adventure. Double fill on top and bottom combined with design features such as internal zip baffle ensure this bag will offer warmth and comfort in most conditions.
The Snowgum Range of Sleeping Bags offer quality, durability and design features to ensure the best nights sleep.
- Pillow pocket on reverse of hood
- Fully unzips
- Hood draw cord
- Single double ended SBS zipper allowing bag to be opened fully
- 3D Draft Tubes down zip lengths to reduce drafts and aid insulation
- Neck Draft Tube with draw cord
Rating/Season: Autumn/Winter (+5ºC)
Ideal for these uses:
Camping, hiking, travel, overnight transport or spare bedding
Outer Fabric: Polyester Microfibre
Inner Lining: Polyester Soft Touch Microfibre
Fill Type: HollowFibre Polyester
Fill Amount (Top): 2 x 125g/m2
Fill Amount (Bottom): 2 x 125g/m2
Snowgum uses synthetic fillings that have been created to emulate the air trapping characteristics of down.
Our synthetic fillings are made from a hollow fibre about the size of a strand of hair and have either one or many hollow channels in them. These are too small for the naked eye to see but they are very effective at trapping warm air and thus keeping your body warm. The fibres loft well (fluff up when removed from the storage sack) and are sewn into panels that are placed strategically around the bag for best performance (eg. some have more on the top than the bottom). Synthetic bags are not as warm as down bags for the same weight of filling but they do maintain their warmth when wet, and dry quickly - this is a significant advantage over down.
Length (including Hood): 217cm
Length (from Shoulder): 185cm
Width (at Shoulder): 78cm
Width (at Feet): 55cm
Packaged Size: 22cm Diameter, 30cm Length
Weight (including Stuff Sac): 1.7kg
To ensure a long life and prolonged warmth of your sleeping bag, please follow these care instructions.
1. For long term storage use a large open weave sack.
2. Wash by hand with a soft soap or by machine on very low heat and gentle cycle.
3. Dry clean at low temperatures.
4. Air and fluff the bag prior to use.
5. Use a liner.
6. Always air after use and keep as dry as possible.