Snowgum Online Privacy Notice
- What Personal Information About Customers Does Snowgum Online Gather?
- What About Cookies?
- Does Snowgum Share the Information It Receives?
- How Secure Is Information About Me?
- Which Information Can I Access?
- What Choices Do I Have?
- Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
- Examples of Information Collected
What Personal Information About Customers Does Snowgum Online Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalise and continually improve your shopping experience at Snowgum Online. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. This would normally be your name, billing and delivery addresses, email addresses and phone numbers. We do not store any credit card information on our web site or in any other place.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use "cookies," and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses Snowgum Online. Most web browners offer 'incognito' utilities designed to help you visit Web sites anonymously. Although we will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience at Snowgum Online if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these tools exist.
- E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from Snowgum Online if your computer supports such capabilities. We will only contact you via email if you have made a purchase from us, registered on our web site to receive emails, or given permission to another organisation to share your email address with us. If you do not want to receive promotional e-mail from us, please contact us and we will unsubscribe you immediately. Alternatively, simpy click the 'unsubscribe' link on the bottom of any promotional email we send to you and you will be immediately unsubscribed. Once you have done this, we will not ever email you promotional messages again unless you ask us to resubscribe you. We will only email you specific messages relating to orders you have placed such as order confirmations and tracking information.
- Information from Other Sources: We might receive information about you from other partner organisations such as walking and travel clubs. Both they and we will make this partnership transparent and known to you. Of course you may unsubscribe at any time.
What About Cookies?
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as faster checkout purchasing, personalised greetings, and storage of orders and shopping carts between visits.
- The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of Snowgum Online's best features and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Does Snowgum Online Share the Information It Receives?
- Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we never sell it or make it available to others. We share customer information only as described below.
- Affiliated Businesses: We work closely with some affiliated businesses. In some cases, we will include offerings directly from those businesses to you. We will invite you to partificate in an offer from an affilitated business and if you choose to accept that offer and allow us to pass your information on to an affiliated business, we will do so. We will not pass on your contact information without your permission under any circumstances. We will always tell you when a third party is involved in the offering.
- Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Where we analyse data we do not include customer names or email addresses. We share the minimum amount of information possible for the service provider to complete their function.
- Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy stores, subsidiaries, or business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that Snowgum or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
- Protection of Snowgum Online and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Snowgum Online, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
- With Your Consent: Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when information about you might go to third parties, and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last five digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer. Click here for more information on how to sign off.
- We never store your credit card information on our web site or anywhere else. All credit card processing is handled by secure third party payment gateways dedicated to the security of your credit card information.
Which Information Can I Access?
Snowgum.com.au (this website) gives you access to previous orders you have placed with us online. After logging in, click the 'My Account' link at the top right hand page of our site, below the shopping cart icon. This will take you to a table showing your previous orders with us. Click on any one of those to see the billing and shipping address stored by us from those orders you placed.
What Choices Do I Have?
- As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, although you won't be able to receive an order from us without providing an address. You won't be able to log in or receive shipping and tracking confirmations if you don't provide us with an email address.
- You can change your email address at any time by logging in and going to 'My Account' page and editing your email address.
- To change your shipping address yourself, update them while placing an order and they will be updated in our main record for you.
- To update your billing and/or shipping address immediately, even when you are not placing an order, simply call us on 03 8401 5907 9-5 weekdays or email your wishes to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will update your details for you.
- If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please contact us via phone or email to email@example.com and we will immediately adjust your communication preferences. We do not want to send you promotional information if you do not want it.
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit Snowgum.com.au (this web site), your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Notice and our Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Victoria. If you have any concern about privacy at Snowgum, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. Our business changes constantly, and our Privacy Notice and the Conditions of Use will change also. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of Information Collected
Information You Give Us
You provide most such information when you search, buy, post, participate in a contest or questionnaire, or communicate with customer service. For example, you provide information when you search for a product; place an order through Snowgum Online; provide information in My Account (and you might have more than one if you have used more than one e-mail address when shopping with us); communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise; complete a questionnaire or a contest entry form; provide and rate Reviews. As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as your name, address, and phone numbers; credit card information; people to whom purchases have been shipped, including addresses and phone number; people (with addresses and phone numbers) listed in Express Checkout settings; content of reviews and e-mails to us. Note that we never store credit card information on this web site or anywhere else.
Information from Other Sources
Examples of information we receive from other sources include updated delivery and address information from our carriers or other third parties, which we use to correct our records and deliver your next purchase or communication more easily; search term and search result information from some searches conducted through the Web search features offered by our affiliates, search results and links, including paid listings (such as Sponsored Links); and credit history information from credit bureaus, which we use to help prevent and detect fraud and to offer certain credit or financial services to some customers.
Information You Can Access
Examples of information you can access easily at Snowgum Online include up-to-date information regarding recent orders which shows your recent billing address and recent shipping address. Your email address. We do not store any other information about you on this web site. We may hold other information about you which may have been collected at another interaction with us, for example during a visit to one of our stores or via a conversation with one of our staff. We store this information in your customer record stored securely separately from this web site. Please contact us at any time if you would like to know what that information is and to have it deleted. We only hold this information to make your interaction with us as a company more convenient, faster and more effective.